Friday, February 6, 2009

Ugh....not again!

Some of you may remember my car issues this past May which required a new transmission. Well, now the fan in the same vehicle is stuck on high. I dropped it off tonight at the garage to avoid going early tomorrow morning. I spoke with one of the mechanics who told me it's likely one of two things.

One of the things (a relay switch) would be around $80 in parts.

The other (an accuator or something like that) would be around $1400 in parts.

Can you guess which problem I hope we have??

--------------------------------------------
Update Saturday morning: Well, it's not either of the above mentioned items. It's evidently a broken head unit which will be $859 total for parts and labor. Yuck!

You'd think a broken head would be cheaper to fix. Can't we just stitch it up or give it some motrin or something?

9 comments:

Margaret M said...

Ohhh Kristin! I hope it is the first choice. My last car "blew up" in the middle of the highway. I had to have it towed to the nearest dealership (2 1/2 hours away). Yes, I live in the middle of nowhere!!!! To learn it was so bad that they recommended I sell it for parts or donate it to charity. OUCH!!!! Surely it can't be that bad for your van! Thinking of you!

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

I can take a guess which problem you'd prefer but if it's the cheaper one can you guess which problem you are more likely to have? ;) (though I hope not!)

Denise Grover Swank said...

Well, being a good citizen and your desire to boost the economy, I'm sure you want it to be $1400. We'll be Good Citizens Denise and Kristin. Maybe we could get T-shirts.

Kristin said...

I'm all for boosting the economy (well, mine) but would prefer to do it for $80. Ahem....

But I'm all for the Good Citizen t-shirt! I do my best.

Usually.

Not always.

But I try. :-)

Laura L. said...

Well, we'll cross our fingers for the $80.00 amount.

I know car repair bills are NO fun.

Good luck!

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Ummm...hmmm....thats a tough question....

I will pray that door #1 is the answer!

We have had our share of car repairs this year too. What up with that???

Have a great weekend!
Robin

Carrie said...

No maybe a prozac-unless it is going to China then St. Johns Wort! LOL-sorry I had to say it!

Denise Grover Swank said...

Oh NO!!! I guess its better then $1400 but only by $500. Yuck.

The Johnson 5 said...

that's so not fun!!

I love the motrin idea and maybe a band aid!!