Saturday, February 21, 2009

Scrubbing Saturday

After admitting to the blogging world that my bathrooms were not “company ready”, I decided that needed to be today’s project. It was either that or wash my socks like google told me to do.

Let me just tell you….enthusiasm abounded when I announced our morning plans to my children. They scattered like roaches do when the light comes on. Lovely visual huh? I've lived in the south too long!

In spite of their trickery, I recruited enslaved them and assigned jobs.

I armed myself with my trusty sidekicks...



No, not them. They are no help at all. Trust me.

These sidekicks work much better.



I ever so happily got to work. And if you believe that, you don’t know me very well. I sent Alex to go scrub the downstairs bathroom and do some vacuuming while I worked on his/the girls bathroom before mine.

Not to be left out of the scrubbing fun, Katie was put to work scrubbing kids



and finishing the vacuuming.

After the successful cleaning to mom's satisfaction, we earned our reward. Me, bribe my kids? No, why ever would I do that??



All those calories I burned off while scrubbing tubs just got eaten. Oh well.

But now if you are in the area and want to stop by, I won’t send you to the neighbor’s house to use the facilities. In fact, our bathrooms are so clean we may eat dinner in there.

Wouldn’t my kids think I’ve really lost it then? (snicker, snicker)

Whew. I think I’ve inhaled too many fumes today.

12 comments:

Donna said...

I can almost taste that delish fries...care to come scrub my bathrooms?

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

All righty...I'm coming over to use the facilities! But first I'll give it the white glove test... (Just promise me you won't return the favor!)

I love the part about your oldest scrubbing down the little girls!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

hee hee ... I may use the McDonald's bribe next time we need a good clean ... Oh, wait I think they need a good clean right now ... Oh well, is there a way to get McDonalds w/out cleaing my bathrooms .. lol .. love the pictures ... and thanks for including my button on your blog ...

Vashti said...

McDonalds.....the ultimate bribe!!!!( I'd pretty much do anything for a good McDonalds!)
the girls are so cute.
x

Denise Grover Swank said...

I suddenly have to pee...

Jboo said...

Great job!! Think I will be trying your McD's incentive at my house too!

Janet

Kim said...

I suddenly feel a need to go clean my bathrooms. However, my loving husband cleaned the shower yesterday and I owe him big time (ok he was looking over my shoulder and wrote the last line). Wonder if I can pay him off with McDonalds. Probably not a chance...:-)

Denise Grover Swank said...

You've won special place in my heart, and you've also won an award on my blog. Do with it what you want. Oh, and you've attended The Bloggy Awards with me, hope you've got a great dress!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

First time visitor and can SO completely relate....too precious. :)

Margaret M said...

I love visiting your blog. It always makes me smile!!!!! This is too funny. I am impressed by the time and planning that you put into the blog posts. I won't even mention the state of my bathrooms. Time for bed!

Carrie said...

I cleaned my closet because of you!

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

Hey Kristen,
I just wanted to let you know that I've got a mention of you and your blog over on my site...

http://blog.lifeinthecarpoollane.com/2009/02/big-shout-out-to-my-peeps-in-finland.html