Monday, February 16, 2009

Our New Amazing Tree

We just planted a new kind of tree. Yes, me, who cannot care for anything unless it talks. If I have a real plant in my house, it had better learn to ask for water otherwise it goes thirsty.

But this new tree should be easy to care for. Actually, it is the kids responsibility since it was their brilliant idea. They have it all planned out. When the tree grows and begins to bloom, they plan to sell the produce and split the money amongst themselves.

Do you know what they are growing?



Yep, they decided if you plant sesame seeds from a hamburger bun, you can grow your own hamburgers.

Won't they be disappointed when it doesn't happen?
---------------------------------------
You can thank Katie and Alex for devestating the little ones. After all, they convinced the girls it would work!

12 comments:

Jboo said...

Funny!! Though I do remember my brothers telling me to plant quarters, so I could have ice cream money without having to ask my Mom for it!! Guess I hadn't heard yet that money doesn't grow on trees!

Janet

Denise Grover Swank said...

I should be interesting to see if anything grows. Once Trace (the about age 4) and I planted an apple seed from an apple and it grew a weed.

Laura L. said...

How funny! Jadyn asked me just this week if the sesame seeds on her hamburger could be planted and grow something. That's an interesting coincidence. :)

Carrie said...

ROFLOL!

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

Too cute! That sounds like something my boys would believe...Jack actually thinks that I lasso stars from our backyard for his chicken and star noodle soup!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

These days... nothing surprises me :)
Hugs to ya...

Mei Mei Journal said...

That sounds exactly like something Gavin would try to convince our girls would work. Too funny!

Ivy Shaffer said...

HI Kristin,
Your posts just always crack me up! Have you considered writing? You have a knack for humor and it's genuine. I love how kids think! Hamburger trees...how funny! I've been trying to grow money for years! Maybe they can give me some tips:))

Thanks for stopping by and saying hello! I feel like a bad bloggie friend since it's been so long. However, I'm going to give you AN AWARD! YEP, YOU DESERVE THIS ONE!

Also I so appreciate your photo encouragement! I really have so much to learn!

You make me smile my friend!

Hugs,
Ivy

Natalie said...

Kristin I don't think I've ever seen your blog before but I enjoyed my visit. Sounds like you don't have many dull moments in your home!

The Johnson 5 said...

that's what siblings do, Right? Torture the the little ones!!

Vashti said...

Ha thats amazing!!!!! Too cute. Id like me one of them trees!!!!

Donna said...

Our bigs can be so mean to our littles, can't they? LOL!