Sunday, April 26, 2009

Kids Say the Darndest Things

Here are a few snippets of conversation this weekend from the five and under crowd.....

When Catlan was leaving today: Bye sweetie!

After seeing Jon and Kate plus 8 on a magazine cover: Wow, they have lots of kids. We need lots of kids too.

When asked why it’s necessary to sneak into mom’s bed during the night: I want you to be safe while daddy is gone. I don’t want you to be lonely.

Comment to Katie and Catlan who were babysitting one of the girls: I am playing outside by my lonely self.

During bath time: I don’t want to use that soap because I’ll smell like birds. (Dove soap with a bird symbol on the soap bar).

Getting ready to eat: Mom, Alex is upstairs playing his buitar and won’t come down for deener. (spelled as spoken)

When asked what the bad words were, the answers: the S word is stupid, the B word is butt, and the P word is poo-poo head.

My personal favorite: I can’t hear you; my ears are turned down.

8 comments:

Regina said...

Sounds like you have lots of fun in your house!! Too cute!

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

Ohhh, I love 'em! Kids do say the best things, always guaranteed to make you smile!

Laura L. said...

Hee hee, these are all cute. I live the one about Dove soap the best.
Jadyn calls a guitar a buitar too. :)

Jboo said...

So funny and cute! Love the soap comment -- who would want to smell like a bird!!

Have a great week.

janet

RamblingMother said...

I am going to use that last one, I hope it works!

Doug and Terrye said...

That is hillarious!!! You brightened my evening with these little tid-bits :) If you have a chance, check out my blog and see the funny conversation that Grace and I had the other day. It's so sweet to hear them function in an adult world with child-like language!

Terrye in FL

Margaret M said...

So So Funny. So glad you wrote them down so that you remember always!

Denise Grover Swank said...

These are too cute!!! I love it when kids say silly things. And aren't they incredibly sweet not wanting you to be lonely!