Monday, April 4, 2011

Is the Joke on Me?

I confess…it’s been fourteen months since I've had diet coke which, much to my dismay, I cannot drink.

I confess….it’s been fourteen months since I've had caffeine.

I confess….it’s been a month since I've had any sort of soda at all.

So, what do I drink during the day?

Water, water, water, and at times, a Minute Maid juice.



You know, the fake juice. I don’t like real juice. Blech.

I returned from Kroger today with a 12-pack of orangeade, a 12 pack of lemonade, and a 12 pack of Coke Zero (not for me!).

As Dave unpacked the boxes, I heard him say, “Huh. I’ve never seen that before.”

I went out to investigate and found….

In one 12-pack, we got 11 cans of orangeade plus one can of….



Seriously. You're kidding me?

I now have a can of Diet Coke with Lime that I cannot drink.

I’m thinking this whole thing was one huge Diet Coke conspiracy trying to lure me back in.

Guess the joke is on Diet Coke.

I never liked the one with lime.

So there.

3 comments:

Jboo said...

How funny that the Diet Coke jumped on board!! Good for you and the water drinking -- must do more of that myself! Have a good day!
Janet

Laura L. said...

Send that Diet Coke with lime up here to me. :) I love that stuff.
That is such an odd thing, that you had DC in your orange drink box. Good for you, to be doing so well on no caffeine and drinking water!!

Regina said...

I wish I could give up soda. I have cut way back, but I find myself having one every couple of days. I definitely admire that you drink so much water. Wish I could be more like you. : )