Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Joys of Car Rides

Think back to when you were a child and were riding in the car. What did you do?

Chances are you played the alphabet game or the license plate game, right?

Our little ones are no different. Except they cheat horribly!

I see an A, oh a B, and a C…….now I’m on Z!

Say what?

Maybe they are speed readers….

Today while driving into Atlanta, we were introduced to a new game.

The Rainbow Game.

Here’s how you play: you follow the order of the rainbow colors and find cars or signs with that color. First one to purple wins.

And somehow they always “saw” a purple car.

Yeah right.

But the funniest thing?

They wanted daddy to play too. After all, daddy is really good at the alphabet game.

But daddy is lousy at the rainbow game.

Could that be because he’s color blind?

2 comments:

NeuroMama said...

Fun! We're always too busy singing to play car games. Or, Hubby brings the portable DVD player and they watch cartoons, which I hate. Your car trips sound much more fun (and educational) than hours of Tom and Jerry.

Raine

Laura L. said...

There must be way more purple cars out there than I'd imagined. Ha.
Dad is color-blind? That is too bad.

I don't even know if I have any memories of games in the car when I was a kid, although I'm sure there were some. Mostly, I just remember being squished between 2 other kids all of the time. Being the youngest, I'm sure I always had the worst seat. :)