Thursday, September 8, 2011

Too Comfortable at School??

I'm thinking my child has become too comfortable at school.

After all, the teachers are mommy's friends. Many hours are spent roaming the halls, visiting, getting updates from others, and hanging out.

Today I learned something new which told me a certain little girl definitely feels comfortable in her surroundings.

Evidently, her teacher asked her to hush several times. Shocking. Or maybe she was told to put away her mechanical pencil one too many times. I have forgotten now but neither one is surprising.

In any case, after a funny comment from her teacher, the child in question stuck her tongue out at the aforementioned grown up.

Uh oh.

She quickly realized the error in her ways, covered her mouth in shock, and didn't say a word.

A few minutes later, the child got up and gave her teacher a big hug.

This reminded me of an episode just a few short years ago.

The principal was visiting the classroom. My child, yes my child, chose this time to say.....

"Can you please leave? You are too loud and I can't concentrate on my work."

Yep, too comfortable.

And it's only going to get worse.

I'm scared.

The fourth and fifth grade teachers at my school should be too.....



4 comments:

Carrie said...

hahaha I just have to laugh because most people dont believe the storys I tell about my sweet little peanut! I believe you though!

Mary Kim said...

I fully enjoyed your story and as a teacher, I bet your kiddo keeps her teacher on her feet.

Livin' out loud said...

Can't.....stop....laughing.....thank you!!

Sara said...

That was a cute story. I was too comfortable as a child once i got that age too.