While I am quite certain she only distracted me, I do feel obliged to point out a few issues I noticed today.
And yes, I witnessed all of these. Sad but true.
1. The ballet is not the movies. Please refrain from eating crunching chips, munching popcorn, and rattling your candy bag during the show.
2. It is not proper to slurp soup from a thermos while watching the Sugar Plum Fairy.
3. If your child cannot make it through the performance without playing Angry Birds on your iPhone, perhaps your child should not be in attendance.
4. Oh, and if your child is a babe or toddler in arms, chances are pretty good that he would be better off left at home.
5. When showing appreciation for a great performance at the ballet, clapping is quite acceptable. Whistling....not so much. Even for Georgia.
If you are going to dress your little darling in their Sunday finest, please teach them to act the same.
Thank you from all future theater and ballet attendees.